Friday, April 18, 2008

Vintro

Hello, how’s it going, how’s it hanging and of course, huzzah!

My name is Mark a.k.a. “Hutch” and this is the “Keep it Vintage” blog which I will be maintaining. This site will be dedicated to all things related to The Bridgeport Orators Vintage Base Ball Club. As we kickoff our sophomore year as a squad, you can visit this site for game results, profiles, team and captain comments, polls, and general smack-talking (of course, as per vintage base ball rules, the smack talk will be gentlemanly).

This will also be the home for my personal and very biased and opinionated rants. Some of you may remember I started my “blog” for our inaugural season on the official Orators page, but only one of my masterpieces ever made it to the web. Orators founder Joe “Vintage” Vigorito claimed that my numerous insightful (and quite funny might I say) posts never made it to his e-mail inbox. My theory is he was censoring me, I have proof that I received from {REMAINDER OF SENTENCE CENSORED FOR CONTENT]

Either way, we have established this blog as an easier method to regularly update the team and our numerous cranks (I think we’re up to three cranks now). It's also a forum to communicate, interactively. I'd say that last sentence sounded New Age, but that stuff didn't exist yet.

Well, this was quite a boring post and not quite vintage, but I figured we needed an intro of sorts. Y’all come back soon now, ya’hear?

2 comments:

.b said...

Great intro.

Now let's get back to more important things like which PEDs Vintage Joe is on!

gingerob said...

Sasparilla? Cocaine~Cola? Dr. McPhee's Snake Oil?