Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Captain's Corner: Still no Base Ball, 5/10


Each week, we will catch up with Team Captain Matt "Howitzer" Lungariello (pictured above) on his thoughts regarding the game of the week. Of course, the team hasn't played in about a month, so we don't have much to talk to about that we haven't already covered in previous Captain's Corners. But heck, we'll do our weekly interview anyway whether it's necessary or not.

Last weekend on May 10, the Orators had an off week to spend time with their mommies on Mother's Day. Don't worry it's vintage to care about your mamma. OK then... So now, here is our interview:
KEEP IT VINTAGE: So it's been a while since we played, yet I keep interviewing you every week.
HOWITZER: Yeah, it feels like we haven't played in months. Yet, we have too many games scheduled for this season.

KIV: Do you think it's messed up that I only prepared two questions rather than the traditional five for today's interview?
H: Yes I do. I used to think you were pretty good at giving interviews. Not anymore though.

KIV: Fine then, I'll extend this interview out. But, forgive me I can't ask anything cool because I'm doing this on the fly. So, ummm how's this weekend looking?
H: I'm not sure to be honest. For a few upcoming games, its seems like we are having trouble fielding a full team. Kind of strange since we have enough players for two teams.
KIV: What else, what else? Yeah, here's something I often question - why do you think people on Joe's email list insist on replying to all?
H: I don't think they fully understand how to use e-mail. We are ballists, not computer techs. And besides, they didn't even have computers or email in 1864.

KIV: Also do you think you or any of the other team is interested in buying someone's used uniform? If they didn't want it, why not just give the uniform up? Isn't it kind of like if I buy it, I'd be donating the old uniform owner money? Let's face it there doesn't seem to be much of a market for used orators uniforms.
H: Yeah, it doesn't seem like anyone is buying them. I would be a little happier to see them at least offer to donate whatever money they make back to the team. I really don't understand this at all.

KIV: Are you as excited as I am for the new Indiana Jones movie?
H: Hell yeah. I don't have a good feeling about it being any good. And after reading some Lucas comments about it, I am almost positive that I wont like it. But i wont let a little thing like "100 percent letdown" get in the way of me having fun.

No comments: